To install Microsoft Office 2016 on either PC or Mac, you should visit www.office.com and sign in with your Microsoft account. From there you have to select Install Office from the homepage, where the 64-bit version will be selected by default, unless you have installed a 32-bit version previously.
If you want to install Microsoft Office 2013, you have to sign in to your Microsoft account and download the setup file from Office.com/setup. Depending on the browser you are using, you will have to click on the Run, Setup, or Save File option for the installation process to begin. From there, you can open and use Office, although an activation might be required first.
Before you install Microsoft Office 2010, you should download it first and save it to your hard disc. The 32-bit version is selected by default during download for its better backward compatibility. Otherwise, once the Office EXE file is downloaded, you should click on it and accept the software license terms before clicking on Continue to begin the installation process.
Although no further support for Office 2007 is available, you can still install Microsoft Office 2007 if you so wish. Anyway, after downloading the program, you can install it and start using it. However, after 30 days, a license key will be required to enjoy all its features.
Step by Step Office Installation
- Sign in to your Microsoft account (home, work or school) in order to download the Office setup file
- Select Install Office on the www.office.com/setup page
- Choose between the 32-bit and the 64-bit version among other options such as language
- Select Run (Edge or Internet Explorer), Setup (Chrome), or Save File (Firefox) for the installation to begin
- You will get a message telling you that the program wants to make changes to your computer. Choose Yes to allow the changes to proceed.
- Read and accept the Microsoft Software License Terms and click on Continue to proceed
- You will be presented with an Install Now option, choose it. You can also choose the customize option to pick and choose which features you want to come with the installation.
- Office will install on your computer and you will get a message saying “You’re all set! Office is installed now”
For a Mac Office installation, you should log in to your Microsoft account, select Install Office to download the setup file and follow the installation procedure described below after clicking on the downloaded file. However, a Mac login password will be required before the installation begins. At the end, it should say, “The installation was successful.”
If you already have Microsoft Office 365 on your computer, installing Office 2016 is easy. You just need to visit your account page for Office 365 and click on Language and Install Options, then go to Additional Install Options before choosing between the 32-bit and the 64 bit version of Office 2016.